Hotel built in 1895, Last complete renovation 2004, Last partial renovation 1992, Number of floors 3, Total number of rooms 47, Number of single rooms 12, Number of double rooms 33, Number of junior suites 2, Hotel, City hotel, Cycling/biker hotel
- Style of hotel and ambience
- The friendly staff of the Hotel Tiferno warmly welcomes its guests to Citta di Castello. All spacious rooms are classically furnished and have all the makings to feel at home, inclusive of free Wi-Fi access. Do you like to try out new things? Then, the restaurant will delight you with its traditional cuisine from the region Umbria.
- Special features of the hotel
- The hotel, which is one of the oldest in Umbria (1895), has been completely restored, strictly respecting the building s original architecture. It is located in a small square in the historic center of the hospitable age-old Umbrian city, in a seventeenth-century palace that was once the monastery of the church of St. Francis, which is located nearby.
Today, the hotel has achieved a perfect balance between the elegant atmosphere created by the period furniture and paintings and all the modern amenities that characterize the furnishings in the 38 rooms in the hotel, which offer the very finest in service: private bath, air conditioning, satellite TV, radio, mini bar, hair-dryer and direct dial telephone.
The rooms are enriched by a small collection of paintings by Alberto Burri, one of the most important masters of contemporary art and a native of Citta di Castello. There is a collection of his museum works in "Palazzo degli Albizzini", just a short distance from the hotel.
The "Tiferno" also features a conference hall that can hold up to 100 people and private car parking.
- Reception open
- 00:00 - 24:00
- Reception manned at weekends
- 00:00 - 24:00
- Earliest check-in
- Latest check-out
- Free services for HRS guests
- Upgrade to next room category
- Hotel location, surroundings and sights
- Nestled into lush greenery, the hotel is the ideal place for your relaxing holiday. Stroll through the narrow streets and take in the view of the beautiful historic buildings. Within a 90 minutes’ drive, Torino is reachable and worth a day trip.