Hotel built in 1928, Last complete renovation 2010, Number of floors 8, Rooms with connecting door 100, Hotel
- Style of hotel and ambience
- The Hay-Adams is as close as anyone can get to staying at the White House, short of being invited by the President. Originally designed in the 1920’s as a residential hotel, The Hay-Adams has always preserved the ambiance of a distinguished private home. The 145-room hotel features 21 suites, some with views of Lafayette Park and the White House. All guest rooms feature marble bathrooms, three 2-line telephones, high-speed Internet data port, digital in-room temperature control, component audio system and European bath amenities.
The Hay Adams is officially welcoming friends and guest after a four-month closure for renovations and construction of the “Top of the Hay” (the premier event space in the nation’s capital due to be completed in early 2011). Some enhancements guests are able to enjoy include additional guestroom comforts, technological upgrades, new menus for The Lafayette and Off The Record Restaurants, and new HD televisions.
Five (5) or more rooms booked for the same arrival and departure pattern is considered a group and should not be booked at the hotel as individual reservations. The hotel reserves the right to cancel or apply restrictions to these reservations.
- Earliest check-in
- Latest check-out
- Free services for HRS guests
- Personal daily newspaper for every room
- Hotel location, surroundings and sights
- Lcated across the street from Lafayette park and the white house on the corner of 16th and h streets. Within minutes from the Smithsonian museums / Washington monument / Lincoln memorial / Vietnam War Memorial / Holocaust museum. Within walking distance to 3 major metro lines which will take you anywhere in the DC/Alexandria area within minutes.The Hay-Adams is minutes from Georgetown/Capitol Hill and the Kennedy center for the performing arts and is located in the center of the business and government districts.